The Standards Working Group comprises members from across the Cannabis and Hemp CBD sector in the UK.
The Group exists to set and define the standards for the industry around seven critical areas for Hemp, Cannabis Food Supplements and Cannabis-Based Prescription Medicines (CBPMs).
For 2022, the main focus of the Standards group is to create dossiers, draft guidelines, and identify areas of concern. Then, from April, it will commission standards and, throughout the year, publish and share its guidance.
Individual working groups for Hemp, Cannabis Food Supplements and Cannabis-Based Prescription Medicines (CBPMs) will drive forward the priorities.
Each of the key areas of focus will seek to:
- Clarify existing standards within the legislation or official guidance documents and make these available where possible in plain language to members.
- Identify areas where standards do not exist, conflict, are ambiguous or unworkable (gap analysis).
- Engage in dialogue with responsible agencies to discover the evidence base for contentious legislation or standards.
- Liaise with membership & other relevant stakeholders about such standards and commission research where evidence is missing.
- Publish research and submissions to support legislative or administrative change and public education on standards.
Add Your Heading Text Here
Areas of focus
We will establish standardised guidance document formatting and establish standardised complaints documentation and procedures.
Meet the Standards Working Group Members
The Group is Chaired by Elisabetta Faenza, LeafCann Group with support from Vice-Chair Eric Bystrom, Cellen Health.
- 113 Botanicals
- 4C Labs
- Adact Medical
- AG Health/Ascension Gardens/Nutree Pharmacy
- Althea/My Access Clinics
- Always Pure Organics
- AquaLabs Ltd
- Avida Global
- British Cannabis™
- Bud & Tender®
- Cannabis Patient Advocacy & Support Services
- Cannabis Trades Association
- Chilam Enterprise Ltd
- ECS Pharma / MG Health
- European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA)
- Hemp Hound
- Hilltop Leaf
- JMCC Group
- LeafCann Group
- Lyphe Group
- Medcan support
- PLEA – Patient Led Engagement for Access
- Pure Isolation Ltd
- Scottish Hemp
- The Cann Group
- The House of Green Limited
- Unyte Group