CIC holds parliamentary campaign launch
The CIC launched our latest report, ‘Why GPs should be able to prescribe cannabis medicines’, on Monday 17 July in Parliament. Thank you from the CIC to all who attended the event, including various MPs and Peers.
Speakers on the day were as follows:
- Crispin Blunt MP, Chair of the Industrial Hemp & CBD Products APPG
- Professor Michael Lynskey, Drug Science
- Dr Sunil Arora, Co-Chair of the CIC Prescription Cannabis Working Group
- Kirsty Morrison, Vice-Chair of the CIC Prescription Cannabis Working Group
- Dr Callie Seaman, CIC Co-Chair
- Jamie Bartley, CIC Co-Chair
The report, developed by the CIC Prescription Cannabis Working Group, argues that allowing GPs to prescribe cannabis medicines could cut NHS waiting lists and reduce crime.
The report launch forms part of the CIC’s ‘Protect our Patients’ campaign.