New role: Non-Executive Board Director
- Strategic Vision: Collaborate with the Board and Executive Committee to develop and refine the company’s strategic vision, ensuring alignment with the company’s values and long-term goals.
- Governance and Compliance: Provide oversight to ensure the company operates in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and promote a culture of ethical behaviour and transparency.
- Risk Management: Analyse and evaluate potential risks and opportunities, contributing to the implementation of effective risk management strategies.
- Financial Oversight: Review financial reports, budgets, and performance metrics to ensure sound financial management and sustainable growth.
- Performance Evaluation: Participate in regular performance evaluations of the Board, its committees, and individual Directors, and contribute to fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with key stakeholders, including members, customers, and employees, to understand their perspectives and concerns, and advocate for their interests.
- Appointment of Senior Management: Participate in the selection and appointment of the CEO (in future), ensuring that the company attracts and retains top talent.
- Independent Perspective: Offer an impartial and independent viewpoint during decision-making processes, challenging assumptions and providing constructive criticism when necessary.
- Board Dynamics: Contribute to maintaining a positive and effective working relationship among the Board members, fostering open communication and collaboration.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated success in a senior leadership role, ideally from outside the cannabis sector, with a strong understanding of business operations, strategy, and financial management.
- Strategic Thinker: Proven ability to think strategically and contribute to the development and execution of long-term business plans.
- Governance Expertise: Familiarity with corporate governance principles, regulatory frameworks, and best practices.
- Risk Management: Experience in assessing and mitigating business risks, with the ability to balance risk-taking and prudent decision-making.
- Financial Literacy: Proficiency in interpreting financial statements, financial ratios, and budgeting processes.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Ethical Leadership: Commitment to ethical conduct, integrity, and promoting a culture of accountability and transparency.
- Independent Perspective: Ability to provide objective and impartial insights, challenging conventional thinking and fostering healthy debate.
- Network and Industry Knowledge: A broad network of contacts, along with an understanding of market trends and competitive landscape.
- Board Experience: Previous experience serving on a Board of Directors is preferred but not mandatory.
- Education: A relevant bachelor’s or advanced degree in horticulture, science, medicine, business, finance, law, or a related field, may be useful
The NED role requires a commitment of approximately six days per year, including attendance at Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and participation in strategic discussions. Some flexibility for additional time may be needed during critical business phases or special circumstances.
The role is home-based, and the meetings will be held in hybrid or virtual format. There may be some optional travel to attend Board meetings, company events, and stakeholder engagements.
This is a voluntary role, with no monetary remuneration.
If you possess the qualifications, experience, and commitment to make a significant contribution to the strategic direction and governance of Canindcou Ltd, we invite you to apply. Please submit your CV, a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and motivations for joining the Board, and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Friday 20 October.
We look forward to welcoming an exceptional Non-Executive Director to our dynamic team and shaping the future of Canindcou Ltd together.